Jack wouldn't stop throwing up all night and was running a fever and getting no med's, no water. We called at 2am and they said to just bring him in for his appt. at 8am or we'd be going to the ER. We came in, got labs and x-ray, then they were worried about his fever, and being dehydrated, so they admitted us.
Good news: It's not a pleural effusion. The x-ray was GORGEOUS and worthy of framing and hanging over the mantle. His blood labs came back pretty good, electrolytes were higer than when we left. Potassium good. Sodium OK. But he did still seem dry. TOO dry. But, he satted in the 80's off his O2, so he isn't on supplemental oxygen, and is tube-free.
Bad news: Back here on the surgical floor with needles, cords, labs, tests, vitals and IV's. He isn't too happy. We have to stay overnight for sure to get the culture back to see if he has some sort of viral infection, or respitory infection. We are in isolation in the "Crappy" end of the surgical floor. In a small room.
So, we wait. He has had some gatorade and crackers that he's kept down. Hopefully that is progress.
We are trying to start a record of most admissions to
primary's in a month.