I just found out it was Friday.
So the surgeon on the floor today, Dr. Birch, called Kouretas and Kouretas said he'd like to wait before anyone goes cutting into Jack for a couple of reasons. One, because Jack is so close from just having surgery, and two, to see if perhaps it can fix itself. (how? I'm not sure, but I would imagine as Jack heals and gains back strength perhaps his right lung could start to fully expand and push the diaphragm back down??? I don't know. I'm no doctor, but I probably could be.)
So once again, it's the waiting game. We'll hang out here all weekend. Intermountain Healing Hearts, a support group we are part of, will be having a picnic here tomorrow. So it will be nice to see some people and put faces to comments..
They said that if Jack's chest tube dries up a bit more we can get it taken out tomorrow, which would be nice because he's be more comfortable and more mobile.
I want to say thank you to those commenting that have had similar problems related to chylothorax and the diaphragm issue. It is VERY nice to hear similar stories so we don't feel like we have extended ourselve so far out on the "it's not very common" branch. I appreciate those that are sharing their experiences.
Perhaps if we have a nice, quiet, uneventful weekend, I can get some pictures up and make this blog more colorful!