Monday, June 22, 2009

Not me! Monday..

Thanks to a fellow heart mom, who's writing is very much my style and I enjoy reflecting upon her witty posts... I am adopting the "Not Me! Monday" post. In this clever approach to appear wonderful and admirable, I will share the things that I would never think of doing, but DID do none the less- sometimes shamefully, sometimes with pride. Today's "Not Me! Monday" takes place at the hosptial of course.

I did NOT wake up this morning at 2:30am to the nurse "asking" me if I wanted to give my comfortably sleeping child some medicine...just to have her shut the door and wake him up. I did NOT look at Jack's face around 7am and realize it looks puffy. Then I did NOT look at his chest tube to find new drainage after his tube has been dry for over a day. I did NOT complain when the flabotomist couldn't get a vein to draw Jack's blood from and had to call someone else to come give it a try. Then I of course did NOT ask the nice elderly nurse we have today to LEAVE THE ROOM while I gave Jack his med's because she was distracting and her method of saying "Buzz Lightyear says to drink up all your medicine" wasn't exactly working...

Then I did NOT wander around the surgical floor looking for the resident to tell him about the new fluid, and really- I did NOT grab Dr. Kaza, one of the cardiothorasic surgeons and pull him into my room to show him this mysterious fluid and try and get some answers. Then I did NOT tell Jack that "room service is closed today" because he is NPO till his cath at 1:30 and can't eat anything till then...

That's my Not me, Monday. And it's only 9:30am, folks.

3 comments:

Andrea Gunnell said...

Hospital life. It's so hard and you've had to deal with it a lot lately. I'm so sorry. I hope you can get some answers today.
I have to admit that I was laughing at the Buzz lightyear medicine story. Some nurses are just good with children and some are not. Aren't we grateful for the ones that are!

Mindi said...

Hang in there Lisa! I really hope one day this is really NOT you :).

The Simmons Family said...

I hope your Monday turned out a little better than your morning. Did Dr. Kaza have any ideas as to what the new leakage was??

Praying for a successful cath. Can't wait to hear what is causing the myserious fluid.

Andrea