Saturday, July 4, 2009

The New Meaning of Independence Day.

This morning I did my routine walk over to the computer while Jack was getting nestled in his wagon after his x-ray and I saw something amazing.... a GOOD, IMPROVED picture. I was truly suspicious, wondering if they brought up the wrong picture. But I was right. When the doc's made their rounds they were all obviously relieved and told me the x-ray was good enough to not put in the chest tube this morning. The diuretics are doing what they are supposed to and it is working. Unfortunately Jack wasn't aware of how lucky he was, and that he was allowed to eat- instead of being NPO (nothing per orem- nothing by mouth). Which he was all morning yesterday in the case that we needed to do a chest tube. Dr. Kouretas was relieved that he didn't push too hard to get the chest tube yesterday- he was about to. But we are all so glad that it is working itself out.

I'm taking this good news as "today's good news" and not getting my hope's up, because we really don't know what is going on inside of Jack. Hopefully this stays going in the right direction and Jack can stay healthy.

More good news: I asked permission to be allowed to leave with Jack. They are letting us go to our family fourth of July picnic. I'm hoping this will be a good thing for Jack, and not a bad thing, in that we WILL be returning to the hospital.

So, finally- something to hold onto, good news.

4 comments:

carter said...

Sweet! See you there...

Allison said...

awesome! You guys get to break free for a little while! I am so glad. Hopefully that will do wonders for both of your spirits (Josh too!)

Mindi said...

Thinking of you today. Glad to hear a good report.

Hooray for getting some fresh air!!

Mindi

leandparkermakes3 said...

I'm so glad you actually get to enjoy a holiday together, out of the hospital! I hope you all had a great time. Good luck with everything and I hope you break away from the hospital soon!