Wednesday, April 2, 2008

What am I DOING!!



So I get to "work" today and there is a list of people to call to ask if they'd like to be in the Club Championship here at Ivory Ridge Tennis. I haven't had to play Telemarketer in awhile. Not since my "temp job" days.. So I am not used to the fact that people still have home phones. Where MANY people use them. Not just the person you are trying to contact. Here are a few calls I made. One right after the other.

Ring, Ring.
"Hello?"
"Is your mom there?"
"...this is she."

(ooooooo ouch.)

Ring, Ring.

"Hello?"
"Hi, is Susie there?"
(kid:)"Just a sec. MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!!"
(clunk clunk clunk)
"Hello?"
"Susie?"
"No, this is her husband.."

(YIKES.)

"Hello?"
"Hi is Pince there?"
"Who?"
"Pince?
"There is no 'Pince' here."
"Oh I'm sorry I must have the wrong number..."
"There is a 'Vince'....are you looking for Vince?"

(why yes, the "V" on this list left for me DOES look alot like a "P".)

"Does Vince play tennis?"
"Yes."
"Is he there?"
"No."

(Strike three.)

4 comments:

Ilene said...

Don't you have an uncle who plays tennis? That could be one less scary phone call.

Lisa Marie Trent said...

The uncle...is the one I am working for. STRIKE FOUR.

Laura Lee said...

That's awesome. Since Ilene is here in the comment box I have to recite my favorite phone conversation she had with a telemarketer who called our apartment when we lived in Provo.

Ring, Ring

"Hello?"
"Could I speak to Ilene Winward please?"
"She doesn't live here, may I take a message?"

Theresa Rodriguez said...

I love you! I just laughed so hard reading that. I had to be a telemarketer for my insurance job once and nothing sucks more then trying to talk to people who just quite frankly dont want to talk to you. Hope it went a little better for you.
by the way i have not found out what i am having yet. i find out in two weeks. and the ultrasound picture you sent me i just stared at, i had no idea what i was looking at. I felt like rachel on friends who couldnt see the picture of her baby and was crying lol. i hope you have seen that episode or just pretend. thanks