- We finished Jack's antibiotic's that he was on for the Strep throat we discovered 2 weeks ago
- Jack started getting sick again one week ago, cough, fever, chills
- We took Jack in on friday and the dr. saw no signs of a bacterial infection, and the strep test was negative
- Dr. asked us to keep him updated on Jack's condition over the weekend
- By Monday (today), Jack had not improved and the Dr. called us to bring him in
- Dr. said we should get a strep test just to rule it out, but it came up positive
- Dr. also said he was concerned about Jack's lungs, as he could hear something on the right side (Jack's "bad" side) and suggested we go to Primary's for an x-ray
- Primary's did the x-ray, I tried to read it, find someone to read it, couldn't, and we went home to wait for the results
- On the way, a cardiologist called to tell us there was some build up that could possibly be pulmonary edema, and that there was in fact a small pleural effusion
So we are now back up to 3X daily lasix, 1X daily aldactone, and his new antibiotic for the returning strep throat.
There is some good news:
- Jack is home, we aren't in the hospital with another chest tube
- It's raining cats and dogs in Florida
- We can watch the season premiere of LOST at the same time everyone else does
- Make A Wish is allowing us to reschedule his trip
It's incredible that Make A Wish is so accommodating, I mean we called about 12 hours before our departure time and told them the whole thing is off. I'm so glad that they are understanding and allowing us to try again.
The hardest part will be explaining to Jack tomorrow, why we aren't on our way to Disneyworld.
Thank you for all those that listened when I needed to talk to you and thank you to Make A Wish. Today sucked. But Jack is here and in good spirits, which is all that really matters.