1. Jack gained a very genuine interest in Cars. Be it trucks, sports cars or cartoon cars, he loves them. Anything red is "Lighting McQueen."
2. We got to take Jack to Universal Studios this year and he learned that Dora and Diego are NOT of average height.
3. Jack grabbed some scissors and cut off his beautiful golden locks. It turned out to be a good thing because he wouldn't have had time for a haircut in the upcoming months.
4. Jack had his third open heart surgery, completing the Norwood Procedure to adjust his blood flow to and from his heart. It changed him forever.
5. Jack made many trips back to the hospital, due to his pesky pleural effusions. His spirits were bruised but he took it like a rockstar.
6. In between hospital stays he got to enjoy the warm weather and do fun things like visit Red Butte, Thanksgiving Point, and go to a carnival with his cousins.
7. After his fourth pleural effusion, the surgeons decided to do surgery to help him recover from the new heart adjustment. Another surgery followed that one..
8. A three week stay in the hospital set us back a bit, but we took advantage of summer and got Jack's skinny bum outside.
9. Jack LOVES to swim... and tries to be brave by ditching any floating device. We are still working on keeping him above water.
10. Make A Wish granted Jack a wish, to go to Disneyworld and meet all of his disney friends. We are so excited to take this well deserved trip with him in February.
11. For the better part of the year Jack became quite attached to WALL-E and opted, or demanded rather, to be MO from the movie. That costume lasted 10 min.
12. We went to California a couple of times per Jack's request. He was able to go to SeaWorld and get drenched by Shamu.
13. Because of his mommy's example, Jack prefer's to be behind the camera more than in front, and has proven hard to get pictures of as of late.
14. Jack has managed to be potty trained despite taking his diuretic everyday that REALLY makes him need to ... evacuate. We are really proud of him.
15. My little baby bum is turning into a boy. He loves guns and tools and he doesn't always want to be my little side kick each and everyday. He is very independent and capable.
16. This was Jack's 3 year old pictures. I will be doing his 4 year old ones soon. He is FINALLY getting so big, and for the first time I am sad about it... every pound he gains is a huge accomplishment and each inch he grows is a celebration, but suddenly I want him to slow down now that I don't have to worry so much about it.
Jack is the most charming little boy I know. He can make you smile seconds after making you mad. He knows he has the skills. I will never take him for granted and I hope he grows up knowing that he is a blessing to everyone's lives. This birthday is so special for him and I hope that this next year will bring more imagination, more laughs, more games, more clubhouses, more vacuuming.. and more love.
Happy Birthday, Buddy. You conquered 2009.