Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Mystery Lifeguard

While in San Diego, Jack and I spent a whole day at the pool while Josh dealt with the car issues. Around lunch time they had life entertainment and a friendly man with dreds came out with his steel drums to play the plinky, plunky music that makes you feel relaxed somehow.

To my surprise, I recognized one of the songs and was humming right along... it took me awhile to figure out what it was till I started singing aloud.

"Mys-ter-y Lifeguard....they call me Mys-ter-y Lifeguard...."

I said "JACK! Do you hear this song? And he (as though it was no big deal) said "Yeah it's Backyardigans."

I was so confused to how the nice rastafarian man knew the Backyardigans song. Usually- they write their own music. On occasion they use other tunes. So came home and investigated to find out that "Mystery Lifeguard" is written to the tune of "Guantanamera" which is written by a Spanish gentleman. It would have been super awesome if the guy was a huge Backyardigan's fan, like I am- (I have other songs downloaded) but at least this was an educational experience.

I still love it. But now I know why I can't download it.

No comments: