My husband is in California right now. It is 18 degrees here, midday, and I would possibly give my right arm to be in California. Granted, he is there for business, but nothing makes work better than warm weather and ocean air. I love to travel, but more so, plan travel and then anticipate it. Having something to look forward to give me strength each day to do my best and press on.
Because I understand there is a sweet reward at the end.
Right now, my 2011 is very open. Besides a trip to Houston, I have NO plans. That is like living with that vacant, empty hunger in your stomach, day in and day out. So I am going to make plans. I love adding people to my plans. So I have made a list of things I want to do with people. If you are interested in these plans, contact me- we'll make it a reality.
1. Disneyland with Kim and Nate Shaffer. I think it would be really fun to take our kids to the Magical Kingdom. I would suggest going in early spring, or around Halloween.
2. Visit Northern California with Amy and Allen Gardner. This trip is something I would like to do, but would need help with the details.
3. Alaska with my Auntie Jill and Uncle Lindsay, and anyone else in the family that would like to join. I know we have been talking about it, but it could happen. A Christensen Alaskan Cruise. Yes.
4. Vegas (with virtually anyone..I love vegas) but Laura and I would love a good Durham Cousin trip to Vegas so we could see a show and eat at Serendipity III.
5. New York with Lyndsey and Tyson. This may be a few years ahead- cause I'd like to do it without children... and it may take us a few years to find sitters.
6. Belize with my husband. Cause he owes me.
7. London with my mom and dad. Going to England with these two is like setting the cruise control and being comfortable that you will get everywhere you want to go.
8. CRUISE, with Keisha, Sara and Nat. It has to be done.
9. Many, many National Parks with Jen and Key. Preferably the Sequoia's and Grand Canyon.
10. Hawai'i, because Jack has never been. So we'll go visit Deb and her family, and maybe ride Bucket.
How boring was this post? So boring. But this is a list FOR ME. And if I send it out into virtual cyber space, I'm somewhat bound to sticking to it...
So we'll see. Where does anyone else want to go? Better yet, who wants me to come?