Friday, August 7, 2009

Make the most of the situation..

Due to the lack of weight gain over the last year- Jack has been able to recycle last years summer clothes. It is a good thing- making great use of five-dollar tee shirts that he can wear over and over again.. always fitting into them just fine. But lately I feel like they are starting to seem BIGGER now. Maybe it's just me-





I think for sure his legs are longer- but as for everything else? He is most definitely smaller. At the last appt. Jack weighed in at 23 lbs. If you remember, last summer when we postponed surgery it was because Jack was 22 lbs. So over all, I suppose we've made progress.

Let's give a hand for that One Pound.

8 comments:

Mindi said...

I think he looks happy and adorable. To hell with the numbers. Don't let them make you crazy--just LOOK at Jack. He's absolutely amazing and so are you.

Allison said...

I love the before and after photos.... I wish I looked smaller in my last year's summer clothes! Is there an end in sight to the low fat diet? Perhaps we will soon be applauding not just one pound maintained in a year, but several!

Andy's Mommy said...

He's looking pretty darn cute, Lisa! To heck with growth charts, right? Andy was 4 pounds when he was born and I used to fret over every ounce he gained- I desperately wish I could share the surplus of weight I have with him- but it finally came to a point where not being on the charts was exactly that; he's 'off the charts' cute! Same with Jack. I understand your worry though... I think worry is in the plan for the rest of our lives, right?

Kell's Belles said...

Aww, what a good boy. He's giving HIMSELF hand-me-downs :)

Summer also knows as the krazy cake lady said...

He looks good and healthy. My Tay has not gained weight either. But she has grown taller like a weed. So allthough i recently found some size 2 capris she was wearing as shorts (ya shes almost 8) She needs size 8 pants for length. It will all even out eventually. Also T has never been on the chart and at 1% for the kids with health problems! Im over it maybe she'll be a super model

Wright Family said...

He looks adorable and heres to that one pound. Just keep doing what your doing - you guys are great parents and Jack is a little fighter. He will gain more weight with time. He's just been through too much this year!

Lindz said...

Whoohoo! He is beefing right up! From a mother of anoter small child (Jon, who will be 5 in a month, still wears some of his 2T jammies, and swimsuits!). I should let you come look at his hand-me-downs...

Jess said...

He looks great! What an awesome kid. We are hoping to see you soon!