Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Chicago.

How do I even begin to tell the story about our trip to Chicago...
I give bullet points.

- Dad took my sister Laura and I to Chicago as a Christmas present
- We arrived and were dropped off at the Miracle Mile to shop
- Miller's Pub was the place to get ribs, and they were delicious
- Sat morning we ate at Lou Mitchell's, the best breakfast in Chicago, and it was..
- The CUBS game was an experience, they lost, but we got nice shirts
- Sat afternoon included a lovely architectual boat tour with an equally lovely tour guide
- Sat night offered a great dinner at Avec, a ritzy small plate restaurant
- Sun morning dad had a bike tour scheduled, I rode "Big Al" in a very hard gear
- Turns out the best view of Chicago is from the 96th floor Women's Room in the Hancock Building
- Sun afternoon took us to a concert of chamber music, that dad described as a "good dose of carrots", that was until after the performance, which he really liked
- After the concert we ate at "Greek Islands" and it was truly greek
- Mon morning we ate at Lou Mitchell's again cause it's the best
- Flew home

I was SO camera happy in this town, it was miraculous and beautiful. I also more my holga, those are yet to be developed. So here's a good chunk of my favorites.







































Thanks for an awesome trip, Dad.

2 comments:

Liz said...

Did you like Avec? We are quite fond of the chorizo dates, and foccasia bread. Glad you had a fun time, there is a lot to do in Chicago with or without kids. How fun to go without!

Allison said...

What a fun Christmas trip! I wish that my dad would take my sister and I on one of our own! I bet you two with your cameras were quite the sight!