Thursday, January 20, 2011

Cue the choir....

AHHHHhhhhhhhhhh....................................


It is complete. 150 squares, make up my first granny square afghan. I'm thrilled to be done, but I am also thrilled to be starting a new one. Even though I am using the same pattern, I'm using different colors and that for some reason doesn't make the task as tedious as it had become with the first one.

There are so many people to thank, like my mom, for finally forcing me to sit down and learn how to crochet. My husband, for being patient whenever he'd walk in a room and see me crouched over yet another square with a needle, instead of cooking him dinner. My son, who bless his heart thinks this blanket is for him. And lucy, for keeping me warm while I sat on the couch.

On to the next blanket!

3 comments:

Tasha said...

Tell jack to keep his paws off of Cali's blanket! ;)

Liz said...

Way to go! When I saw it last it was very small, but you must have really worked hard in the past couple of weeks. Did you sleep or eat? Grandma Mom would be so proud!

Kell's Belles said...

It looks fantastic! Congratulations!!!