Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Can someone explain this to me?



I seriously hate having to sit at a stoplight, and stare at this.

Not only is it completely humiliating for whoever is driving the car, but it is totally unsafe. I couldn't even decipher between human driver head and stuffed animal. My eyes were having difficulty absorbing the amount of polyester fur and glass eyes staring lifelessly at me.

It's not like there is a surplus of these "collectors" out there. I only see one of these vehicles per week or maybe per month. But each time I see it I sit and think to myself, "did they put them all in at once? Or was it a gradual pyramid.. do they each represent something? Do they ALL belong to the driver? Or the driver's child? If they are the child's, then wouldn't they rather play with them than have them paraded around like trophies in their parents' car?"

It's absolutely insane that I've spent this much thought on this stupid phenomenon. Let alone taken the time to write a post about it.

I don't know. Maybe I'm the only one who thinks this is weird..

8 comments:

Mindi said...

No, it's weird. Adults who collect anything is weird...

Melissa said...

no I find it disturbing as well. Makes you really question what their homes look like....

Kyle and Alli said...

I don't think I have ever seen a car like this! Creepy. Not to mention the dangers of view obstruction in the rear view mirror! Perhaps you should send this photo to your local news and see if they can solve the mystery of why people do this!

Lisa Marie Trent said...

YEAH I'll get gephardt.

Wright Family said...

Oh, it is weird! I bet if you could see the driver it would either be a teenage girl OR an old lady....there would be no excuse for a middle aged man to be driving this car! LOL

Anonymous said...

I've seen this before. I makes me smile. harmless, as long as it doesn't obstruct their view. I'm sure they would have been ticketed by now if it did.
Pretty innocent and sweet, no more weird than taking a picture of it.ha!

Lisa Marie Trent said...

yeeeeah, didn't take the picture. Don't live in South Carolina.

Google images. Look it up sometime.

Theresa Rodriguez said...

You dont have to deny it lisa. you know its your car and you just cant get enough of those stuffed animals. no one is judging you. :)