Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Lost for Love

Valentines
So Christmas is hard enough, right, to come up with JUST THE RIGHT gift for your spouse. Which I did. The guitar. It was awesome and appreciated. But now, all of a sudden here I am scrapping for creative idea on what to do for Josh for Valentines. And this is really sad because this is what, our 4th or 5th Valentine's, and we have a gazillion more. But this one, I am stuck. So I ask for your help. I'm reaching out, to steal other people's creative gifts. Yes. That's right. Cough it up.

To be honest, I don't know what I gave him last year. And the year before was full of Jack chaos so I don't think it existed, then the one before that may hae been awesome...but I just forgot...

It can't be done with a card, or chocolates or flowers. That is too cliche' for V-day now-a-days. There are people out there that have traditions..and I think that is the direction I'd like to head so I don't have to worry about this every year.

So please. Josh never reads this, he barely knows it exists. Send forth your brilliance and give me some great ideas. Thank you- and happy Valentine's Day.

10 comments:

Laura said...

If worse comes to worse, I have some symphony tickets for the 15th I might be willing to part with.

Ilene said...

I got nothing. I too struggle with this V-day curse. Typically I get him a nice romantic University of Oregon shirt. I'm sure Josh would love one of those.

I did make a DVD of our wedding pictures one year.

Hmmm... actually the best V-day gift I got Dan was a little something I picked up from the Victoria's Secret. Can't believe I just wrote that but I will say that such stuff goes a long way with a man. Cliche'? Yes. But way more appreciated than the wedding picture DVD (which we both knew was a gift more for me than him).

kimberlee shaffer said...

THere is this awesome sex book at Borders. It has he and she thing to do to your spouse once a week for the year. I was thinking of getting it. I think my comment will make Ilene not feel so bad about hers.

We'll Call her "Lisa" said...

Hm well both of you should know that I'm not sex's number one fan. Now LAURA will be the one feeling awkward.

hehehe.

Theresa Rodriguez said...

you remember Candy necklaces? I just bought a candy thong and handcuffs made out of the same candy in candy necklaces. I didnt buy them for me, but for a bunko gift. LOL maybe he would like those?! PS i had to go to an Adult store to get em...hehe

We'll Call her "Lisa" said...

theresa, theresa, theresa.

Brittany said...

Hey. One year I sent Craig on a scavenger hunt. I left a clue with a small gift at 5 or 6 of our friends/neighbors houses. One house (clue) leading to the next. At the last house, there was a CD of "our" songs that he could listen to while he met me at the final destination (Snowbird) for dinner and the night. It was really fun, something that we both really remember. You could take an idea from that...?

We'll Call her "Lisa" said...

Yeah, um Britt, will you babysit :)

hehehe. No that's a fun idea. I'll have to get creative..

Haley said...

I don't think I have ever gotten Nick anything, nor have I gotten anything for Valentines. But hey I just got done with Christmas and my b-day, and Nicks is a month away. I am freaking gifted out.

Liz said...

Lisa, I'm new to your blog, way cute, here's my idea. You can do as many or as little as you want. When Chris and I were dating I gave him "100 reisens (those gross candies) I love Chris" I wrote on little papers all the reasons I loved him and attached the candy to them. Now if you are having a hard time thinking of 100 reasons you can minimize it but try to think of more then 2.